According to the Swedish Companies Act, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) is the highest governing body in a limited liability company. The Annual General Meeting elects the Board of Directors and the auditors and takes decisions on such matters as changes in the Articles of Association and changes in the share capital.
Annual General Meeting 2017
Swedish Match Annual General Meeting 2017 was held on May 4, 2017, at 3.30 p.m. CET at Skandia, Drottninggatan 82, in Stockholm, Sweden.
Major items approved by the Annual General Meeting include:
- An ordinary dividend of 8.50 SEK per share and a special dividend of 7.50 SEK per share, in total 16.00 SEK per share
- Mandate to repurchase up to 10 percent of all shares in the Company
- Withdrawal of 6,950,000 repurchased company shares with a simultaneous bonus issue without issuing any new shares
- Mandate to resolve on transfer of shares in the Company and to issue new shares
- Election of Deloitte AB as auditor
Read the press release Swedish Match Annual General Meeting 2017.
For archived AGM addresses and minutes, se the page AGM address and minutes.
AGM 2017 calendar
|27 April, 2017||Record date for AGM|
|4 May, 2017||AGM|
|5 May, 2017||EX-dividend date|
|8 May, 2017||Proposed record date for dividend|
|11 May, 2017||Proposed date for dividend payment|