Swedish Match releases seasonal edition “Ettan Jakt”
For the autumn season, Swedish Match is launching a special edition of its traditional brand Ettan. It has been named Ettan Jakt and is a limited design edition of Ettan loose.
82,000 cans of Ettan Jakt will be produced and the product will be sold from the end of August at OKQ8 throughout Sweden, in Swedish Match’s stores in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Strömstad, as well as at selected tobacconists in mainly Northern Sweden.
“It feels particularly appropriate to honor Ettan, which is one of Sweden’s oldest snus brands. Ettan has been around since 1822, is strongly associated with tradition and has a loyal customer base. For many years, the design has been virtually unchanged, but I think that consumers will appreciate the new concept. Particularly in Northern Sweden, where about every seventh snus user carries a can of Ettan in his/her pocket,” says Mediha Budak Gustafsson, Brand Manager at Swedish Match.
Ettan loose is the single most widely sold snus product in Northern Sweden and is characterized by its pure, strong tobacco flavor. The basic recipe is the same as when it was created: tobacco, salt and water.
“We are protective of our nearly two-hundred-year-old brand and have therefore allowed the choice of name and design be influenced by what characterizes Ettan, namely, tradition, natural simplicity and quality. We are very proud to have a product with such long-standing historical roots as Ettan in our range and also of the high quality maintained by the products. It thus feels exciting to focus a little attention on the traditional loose snus through the launch of Ettan Jakt,” concludes Mediha Budak Gustafsson.
- Ettan Jakt and is a limited design edition of Ettan loose.
- Ettan Jakt will be launched at the end of August 2015.
- 82,000 cans of Ettan Jakt will be produced and will be sold at OKQ8, selected tobacconists in mainly Northern Sweden, as well as at Swedish Match’s stores in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Strömstad, from the end of August.
- Ettan is Sweden’s sixth largest snus brand and Ettan loose is the single most widely sold snus product in Northern Sweden.
- Ettan will be manufactured according to Swedish Match’s globally unique quality standard, GOTHIATEK®.
- GOTHIATEK® is Swedish Match’s quality standard for Swedish snus, which guarantees that snus from Swedish Match maintains uncompromising quality through unique expertise and controls at all stages – from seed to finished product.