Interim Report January – March 2014
· Sales for the first quarter increased by 1 percent to 3,014 MSEK (2,982). In local currencies, sales for the first quarter increased by 2 percent.
· Operating profit from product areas1) declined for the first quarter by 3 percent to 809 MSEK (832). In local currencies, operating profit from product areas1) also declined by 3 percent for the first quarter.
· Operating profit2) amounted to 858 MSEK (1,031 or 872 excluding larger one-time items) for the first quarter.
· EPS (basic) for the first quarter amounted to 2.91 SEK (3.72) while EPS (basic) excluding larger one-time items amounted to 2.91 SEK (2.92).
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes share of net profit in STG and larger one-time items.
2) Operating profit for the Group includes share of net profit in STG and larger one-time items.
For the full report: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Friday, May 9 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), (1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Thomas Hayes, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference live at: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Replay will be available for 30 days at the link above as well as on telephone number:
UK replay number: +44 20 7031 4064, access code: 941360
US replay number: +1 888 365 0240, access code: 941360
Swedish replay number: +46 8 505 203 33, access code: 941360
For further information, please contact:
Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive Officer
Office +46 8 658 0441
Thomas Hayes, Acting Chief Financial Officer
Office +46 8 658 0309
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability
Office +46 8 658 0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contact
Office +1 804 787 5130