Interim Report January – March 2015
- Sales for the first quarter increased by 12 percent to 3,368 MSEK (3,014). In local currencies, sales increased by 1 percent.
- Operating profit from product areas1) for the first quarter increased by 7 percent to 866 MSEK (809). In local currencies operating profit from product areas1) declined by 4 percent.
- Sales and operating profit from product areas during the first quarter were negatively impacted by trade destocking of snus in Scandinavia following excise tax increases on January 1st.
- Operating profit2) amounted to 1,014 MSEK (858) for the first quarter. The operating profit2) was positively affected by an adjustment of the share of net profit in STG of 56 MSEK relating to a reassessment of useful lives primarily of trademarks in STG.
- EPS (basic) for the first quarter amounted to 3.68 SEK (2.91). EPS (basic) excluding the STG adjustment amounted to 3.40 SEK (2.91).
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes share of net profit in STG.
2) Operating profit for the Group includes share of net profit in STG.
For the full report: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Friday, May 8 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), (1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Marlene Forsell, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference live at: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Replay will be available for 30 days at the link above as well as on telephone number:
UK replay number: +44 20 7031 4064, access code: 951144
US replay number: +1 888 365 0240, access code: 951144
Swedish replay number: +46 8 505 203 33, access code: 951144
Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive Officer
Office +46 8 658 0441
Marlene Forsell, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Office +46 8 658 0489
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability
Office +46 8 658 0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contact
Office +1 804 787 5130