On this page you will find Swedish Match's interim reports from 1997. As of 2005, reporting is prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Highlights from the third quarter
- Sales increased by 1 percent in local currencies. Reported sales declined by 1 percent to 4,069 MSEK (4,118) for the third quarter.
- Operating profit from product areas in local currencies increased by 2 percent. Reported operating profit from product areas1) amounted to 1,089 MSEK (1,089) for the third quarter.
- Operating profit amounted to 1,089 MSEK (2,694) for the third quarter. The previous year’s third quarter included larger one-time items of 1,550 MSEK relating to a capital gain from the partial divestment of STG and an unrealized gain from revaluing Swedish Match’s remaining shareholding in STG to market value.
- Profit after tax amounted to 753 MSEK (2,306 - positively affected by the larger one-time items mentioned above).
- Earnings per share excluding both larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG amounted to 4.22 SEK (3.76). Reported earnings per share amounted to 4.22 SEK (12.32) for the third quarter.
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG.