According to the Swedish Companies Act, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) is the highest governing body in a limited liability company. The Annual General Meeting elects the Board of Directors and the auditors and takes decisions on such matters as changes in the Articles of Association and changes in the share capital.
Annual General Meeting 2022
Swedish Match Annual General Meeting 2022 was held on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Annual General Meeting was conducted pursuant to so called mail-in procedures, meaning that no shareholders attended the General Meeting in person or through proxy. Instead, all shareholders could participate in the Annual General Meeting by advance voting.
Major items approved by the Annual General Meeting include:
- A dividend of 1.86 SEK per share to be paid in two equal instalments of 0.93 SEK per share
- Mandate to repurchase up to 10 percent of all shares in the Company
- Withdrawal of 55,000,000 repurchased company shares with a simultaneous bonus issue without issuing any new shares
- Mandate to resolve on the transfer of shares in the Company and to issue new shares
- Election of a new Board Director, Sanna Suvanto-Harsaae, and of Deloitte AB as auditor
Read the press release Swedish Match Annual General Meeting 2022.
See the minutes from the AGM in writing - the minutes without appendices or the complete minutes including all appendices other than the voting list.
AGM 2022 calendar
|April 19, 2022||Record date for AGM|
|April 27, 2022||AGM|
|April 28, 2022||Ex-dividend date|
|April 29, 2022||Proposed record date for dividend|
|May 4, 2022||Proposed date for dividend payment|
|November 13, 2022||Ex-dividend date|
|November 14, 2022||Proposed record date for dividend|
|November 17, 2022||Proposed date for dividend payment|