Vision and strategy
A WORLD WITHOUT CIGARETTES
We create shareholder value by offering tobacco consumers enjoyable products of superior quality in a responsible way. By providing products that are recognized as safer alternatives to cigarettes, we can contribute significantly to improved public health.
Snus and moist snuff businesses
To achieve our vision we leverage our unique snus and moist snuff platforms of consumer insights, innovation and product quality.
- In Scandinavia, we will continue to develop the snus category. We will defend and strengthen our leading market positions and brands by focusing on product development and consumer satisfaction.
- In the US, we will target the faster growing market segments within moist snuff while further supporting the expansion of snus and nicotine pouches.
- Outside our core markets, we will continue our efforts to establish Swedish snus and other innovative smokefree products in selected markets.
To support our vision and to maximize long term value, we leverage our strong market positions and brands by capitalizing on synergies and operational efficiencies.
- In our cigars business, we will selectively invest in growth segments with an objective to maximize long term profitability and cash generation.
- In our chewing tobacco businesses, we focus on the US market where we will protect profitability by mitigating the impact of volume declines through cost focus and price leadership.
- In our lights businesses, we will continue to focus on operational excellence while selectively investing in profitable growth markets and product segments.
- Optimize the balance sheet with a view to maintain a financial leverage consistent with a credit rating similar to S&P’s BBB or Moody’s Baa2 long term ratings.
- Return excess funds to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases.
- Annually distribute ordinary dividends of 40 to 60 percent of the net profit, subject to adjustments for larger one-time items.