How Swedish Match contributes to the SDGs 2030 targets
|IMPROVE PUBLIC HEALTH |
Our goal is to eliminate cigarette use and tobacco related morbidity and mortality by offering smokers attractive and safer sources of nicotine for recreational use (such as Swedish snus and other nicotine containing products like ZYN).
- We work to reduce the premature mortality by offering cigarette smokers attractive and dramatically safer alternative tobacco and nicotine products. (Goal 3.4)
- We work to ensure that our “Adult only tobacco and nicotine” policy is followed. (Goal 3.A)
- We inform consumers about the health effects of our products and the addictive nature of nicotine. (Goal 3.A)
| ||ENSURE ETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICIES |
At Swedish Match, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that ethical business practices are maintained within our own company and in our relationships with all outside parties.
- We do not tolerate any form of corruption or bribery. (Goal 16.5)
- We work to protect labor rights and ensure safe and secure working environments. (Goal 8.8)
|REDUCE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT|
Our goal is to limit our environment footprint while growing our business. We are committed to reducing our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and waste along our value chain from sourcing to our own operations and continuing through consumer use.
- We work to achieve an environmentally sound management of chemicals used and our waste throughout their life cycle as well as reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimize their adverse impacts on human health and the environment. (Goal 12.4)
- We take action to combat climate change. (Goal 13.1)
- We work to prevent and reduce pollution to water. (Goal 14.1)
- We work continuously and systematically to assess risk and reduce the negative impact on the environment. (Goal 12.5)
|HUMAN RIGHTS IN OUR SUPPLY CHAIN|
Our goal is the elimination of child labor and other human rights violations in the Company’s supply chain.
- We take action to eliminate child labor in all its forms in our value chain. (Goal 8.7)
- We partner in multi-stakeholder initiatives to work toward common goals. (Goal 17.16)
|EQUAL OPPORTUNITY |
Our continuing objective is to be a truly open and inclusive employer. In this environment, with zero tolerance for discrimination, all employees have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential – resulting in a more diverse workplace.
- We do not tolerate any kind of discrimination including discrimination based on gender. (Goal 5.1)
- We work toward having at least 40 percent of each gender in senior management. (Goal 5.5)
- We are working to ensure equal opportunities and to prevent discrimination. (Goal 10.3)