XRANGE (XR) grows and adds two new products
Swedish Match launched XR in April 2015. After just over nine months on the market, it has grown to become the ninth largest snus brand in Sweden, capturing a market share of nearly 6 percent. Now XR is growing further and adding two new products: XR Grov and XR General Salmiak. This will therefore be the first time the Grov brand will be available in the XR format.
XR is a range of competitively priced products in a discreet portion pouch that is less runny and retains its flavor longer. The range has proven to be successful and currently holds a market share of nearly 6 percent in Sweden. From the very beginning, the aim has been to continue developing XR by adding new products and innovative product characteristics.
“Since the launch of XR, we have received many requests from customers regarding the products they would like to see included in the XR range. The snus-brand Grov is one of Swedish Match’s oldest and largest brands and is a product that is among those most frequently requested by our consumers to be included in the XR range. I am therefore very pleased that we are now launching XR Grov. We have retained the strong tobacco flavor, but are now offering it in a more discreet format and at a competitive price,” says Carl Egeberg, Brand Manager at Swedish Match.
XR General Salmiak will replace General Classic Licorice and it has also been given a classic General character combined with a distinct salty licorice flavor, but in a new format and at a lower price. The products will be available for sale in February.
- XR is a snus brand launched by Swedish Match in 2015 and now consists of seven portion products from four of Sweden’s classic brands: General, Göteborgs Rapé, Catch and Grov.
- XR Grov and XR General Salmiak will be on sale from February.
- XR Grov has a dark tobacco taste with notes of geranium and dried herbs, along with hints of almond, wood and tar.
- XR General Salmiak has a dark tobacco taste with distinct notes of salty licorice, along with hints of dried herbs.
- All of Swedish Match’s snus products are produced in line with the GOTHIATEK® quality standard that sets rigorous demands for the quality of the ingredients, manufacturing process and highest permitted levels of unwanted substances.